Fractured Tales Series Running Word Count: 52,999 words
I’m not including today’s total yet because I still have some scenes I want to churn out. My weekend was on the higher end of the blerg scale and my super writing marathon didn’t end up happening.
The WRITE YOUR NOVEL THIS SUMMER Facebook page has been quiet since the challenge started on Friday, June 21st. I’m hoping that it’s just because everyone’s busy writing. Even if that challenge doesn’t end up happening, I still have JulNoWriMo, Camp NaNoWriMo, and possibly Savvy Authors Boot Camp in July to keep me busy for at least the next six weeks. That’s triple the accountability. Good stuff.
My word count may not have poured forth, but I’ve done some plotting and more character sketches that will prove useful in the longrun. It’s a writing journey, after all, so I’m looking for that silver lining.
So, I’ve been psyching myself up for this 30 Books in 90 Days challenge that started today. Of course, I was finalizing my flexible reading list–which kinda makes it anything but final–and forgot that today was the start date. Haven’t read anything from the list yet, but hey, I’ve got 90 days. I suddenly went into panic mode for no reason so I think I’ll just post my list here and do the challenge unofficially, that way, I’m still reading without the added pressure. Here’s the list so far, but I’m willing to make changes and shift the order around.
1) THE GIVER – LOIS LOWRY
2) GATHERING BLUE – LOIS LOWRY
3) MESSENGER – LOIS LOWRY
4) THE STORYTELLER’S DAUGHTER – ONCE UPON A TIME – CAMERON DOKEY
5) BEAUTY SLEEP – ONCE UPON A TIME – CAMERON DOKEY
6) SUNLIGHT AND SHADOW – ONCE UPON A TIME – CAMERON DOKEY
7) GOLDEN – ONCE UPON A TIME – CAMERON DOKEY
8) BEFORE MIDNIGHT – ONCE UPON A TIME – CAMERON DOKEY
9) THE WORLD ABOVE – ONCE UPON A TIME – CAMERON DOKEY
10) BELLE – ONCE UPON A TIME – CAMERON DOKEY
11) WINTER’S CHILD – ONCE UPON A TIME – CAMERON DOKEY
12) WILD ORCHID – ONCE UPON A TIME – CAMERON DOKEY
13) THE FORT – ARIC DAVIS
14) THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER – STEPHEN CHBOSKY
15) THIRTEEN REASONS WHY – JAY ASHER
16) THE SELECTION – KIERA CASS
17) THE PRINCE – KIERA CASS
18) THE ELITE – KIERA CASS
19) THE SUPERNATURALIST – EOIN COLFER
20) LEAPING BEAUTY – GREGORY MAGUIRE
21) WHAT-THE-DICKENS – GREGORY MAGUIRE
22) SHELTER – HARLAN COBEN
23) SECONDS AWAY – HARLAN COBEN
24) THE EYRE AFFAIR – JASPER FFORDE
25) BEASTLY – ALEX FLINN
26) BEASTLY: LINDY’S DIARY – ALEX FLINN
27) BEWITCHING – ALEX FLINN
28) CLOAKED – ALEX FLINN
29) ANGELFALL – SUSAN EE
30) OCEAN AT THE END OF THE LANE – NEIL GAIMAN
I might read more than one at a time, I might stop reading one altogether, if I lose interest, but the point is, I want to increase word counts both written and read for the rest of the year.
The third round of #ROW80 starts on July 1st. I need to take stock of my goals by then. The next 80 days will certainly be busy (just take a look at the challenges above).
All my ‘gold star’ achievements have dwindled with Duolingo. Apparently, they want you to use the app on a regular basis. I get that. I suppose I was miffed that a glitch ruined my fifteen day streak. I used to get all happy when I’d receive an email saying that I’m doing well. Sure it’s automated but I thought it was super duper progress. Turns out I can learn Spanish beyond my family and my friends Dora and Diego.
No treadmill last week but The Keysmashing Tots did the equivalent of intense cross training with me. I totally believe those studies that show two football players completely spent after taking care of a two year-old for a single day.
June’s almost over. How’s your first half of the year been, so far?