My Go To Makeup: What I Use on the Daily
I find it therapeutic to grab a palette from my collection and swatch the colors on my arm. On occasion–and for special ones–I do a more complete makeup look that includes eyeshadow, but when it comes to work, “Ain’t nobody got time for that!”
Nowadays, I want to get as much sleep as I can before dragging my carcass out of bed. Yes, I still get to work way too early, but I like to give myself a buffer. LOL
So, I have a simplified version for my daily work look. I think my arm’s seen more makeup colors than my face has!
This was my makeup look last week:
LEFT: Indoor lighting. RIGHT: Overcast natural outdoor lighting.
A little bit about my skin type: I have combination skin. My T-zone tends to get oily depending on the weather, what I eat, and/or what I put on my face. I have a medium skin-tone with yellow undertones but I’ve been able to use products that are both neutral and warm. Because I’m in the middle of the spectrum, I’ve been able to use makeup (such as blush and bronzers) that can be for lighter skin tones as well as deeper ones.
The list below is in the order of application of my current Go-To Look:
SUNCARE (face and body):
- Foundation: Milani Conceal + Perfect 2-IN-1 Foundation + Concealer
- Shade: 07 Sand
- Contour: Physicians Formula Super BB #InstaReady™ Contour Trio BB Stick
- Shade: Bronze Trio
- Blush: Wet n’ Wild Color Icon™ Blush
- Shade: Rosé Champagne
- Bronzer: Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer
- Setting Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder
- Shade: Transparent
EYES (AND EYE AREA):
- Brows: Maybelline DEFINE-A-BROW® Eyebrow Pencil
- Shade: Medium Brown
- Lashes: Covergirl The Super Sizer by LashBlast Mascara
- Eyeliner: URBAN DECAY 24/7 Glide-On Pencil
- Shade: Mushroom
LIPS (each layered and blotted before final gloss layer):
- BIODERMA Atoderm Lips Lip Balm
- Colourpop Ultra Matte Lips
- Shade: Beeper
- Covergirl Colorlicious Lipstick
- Shade: 255 Tempting Toffee
- NYX Butter Gloss
- Shade: Tiramisu – Brown
AFTER ALL MAKEUP IS APPLIED:
- Setting Spray: Maybelline FACESTUDIO® MASTER FIX™ SETTING SPRAY
I like the wearability of the products though I find that blotting papers help during the day.
Next week, I’ll share some of my other faves and alternatives as makeup is all about mixing it up and expermentation.
Until next time…